Sign-Up for Fig Weekly
Sign-up for Fig Datebook and receive weekly content that includes new blogs and features, local events, and happenings in West Chester delivered directly to your inbox.
To subscribe to Fig West Chester in print, please click here.
Get the Print Magazine
Get your own fresh Fig West Chester delivered to your doorstep 4x a year. Be inspired by the latest trends, happenings and thoughts about a West Chester lifestyle.
Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community and advertiser events happening in West Chester.
There is no better time of year to enjoy the rich arts & culture in downtown West Chester. As a 40-year resident of the borough, she has had the privilege of watching and enjoying the evolution of arts in our community. There are endless ways to enjoy local art in all its forms. Here is her list for engaging with the arts in a meaningful way this season.
- Visit the Sunset Hill Fine Arts Gallery and take in the work of two local favorites-Kyle Whary and Bill Ewing. And while you’re there, be sure to make a wishlist of jewelry on the first floor so your partner knows what you have your eye on for the holidays.
- Spend a day at the Chester County Historical Society learning all about our local history. Currently, they have an exhibit all about Prohibition in Chester County during the 1920s & 30s.
- Coordinate a group of friends and family and book your tickets for Brandywine Ballet’s annual performance of The Nutcracker! Taking place at Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall on the campus of West Chester University, this is a must-see tradition every year.
- Plan a date night on October 4th to enjoy the Fall Gallery Walk when six prominent galleries work with local artists to share one-night-only art shows. Make time to give a toast to local art with martinis at Pietro’s Prime afterward.
- Spend an afternoon perusing the bookshelves at the West Chester Public Library. Built-in 1872, the building itself is a historic gem and a critical resource for our community. And be sure to reserve tickets to the Library’s 9th Annual Holiday Home Tour happening on December 7th.
- Sip a cocktail while you watch a Dueling Pianos show at Uptown! Knauer Performing Arts Center. It’s always an entertaining show.
- Take the kids out for a casual night of painting pottery at The Painted Plate. Located in the heart of downtown, you can sit in their charming studio and choose from an entire wall of objects and pottery to painting. Take a short walk to Gemelli’s for gelato afterward.
- Attend the Preservation Awards Banquet on October 17th and learn about all the significant historic character of our town. The West Chester Downtown Foundation works to preserve the integrity of this history and I always find it fascinating.
- Take an unguided walking tour of West Chester’s Historical Landmarks. You’ll see gems including the Historic Lincoln Building built in 1833 and made famous because Abraham Lincoln’s first biography was written and published there. Find a printable map at downtownwestchester.com.
- Plan a night listening to the 65 talented musicians who make up the Chester County Pops Orchestra. Performing the pops, jazz, and light- classics are their specialty. Check out their website for on-going performances at chescopops.org
Jean Gross is a vibrant, distinctive staple in the West Chester Community as well as all of Chester County. Jean has excelled in her 30+ years in Real Estate. Whether buying or selling a home, the process is an ‘emotional roller coaster’ and if you choose to take that ride with Jean & her team, they will be there for you every ‘bump’ of the way. Call to discuss how you can work together!