Sign Up for Love Local Weekly
Discover inventive small business owners, makers, and innovators who are masters in their fields and will help you create the home of your dreams and engage with your community.
Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community and advertiser events happening in West Chester.
Downtown West Chester offers endless ways to pursue a lifestyle of wellness. Whether it’s getting outdoors and connecting with nature, pursuing a hobby that brings you joy, or giving your time to an organization in need, you’ll find many ways to live well in West Chester. Here are some suggestions for prioritizing your wellness this spring:
- VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME at any number of worthy causes or nonprofits in our community. There are countless ways to offer your resources, expertise, or time, and giving back always feels so good.
- GRAB A REUSABLE BAG and visit the West Chester Growers Market on North Church Street & Chestnut. Pick out some locally grown produce and try a new recipe. Open January-April on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Saturdays from 10 am – 12 pm and every Saturday May-December from 9 am – 1 pm.
- CONNECT WITH NATURE by strolling through one of the borough parks such as Marshall Square or Everhart Park. Or take a drive over to Stroud Preserve and enjoy one of many well-maintained nature trails. West-Chester.com
- CHECK OUT WALKWORKS, which is a downtown walking route around the borough. Make sure to look around and find a building, alleyway, or piece of architecture you have never noticed before.
- TAKE YOUR DOG FOR A WALK and find out just how dog-friendly West Chester is. Stop in for a treat at All The Dogs on 13 South Church Street. And plan to attend Bark in the Park on April 19th at Hoopes Park which is full of pet-friendly vendors and activities that you and your dogs won’t want to miss! West-Chester.com
- SIGN UP FOR A CLASS at the Oscar Lasko YMCA. Check out their class schedule online and choose something you’ve always wanted to try but have never prioritized.
- ENJOY THE MONTHLY PROGRAMMING for all ages at the West Chester Public Library, or check out a pile of books on a topic you’ve always been curious about.
Connect with any number of local businesses and professionals who can help you reach your wellness goals and live your best life.
Eat Drink Om Yoga Café – 124 East Gay Street
Massage Zen Spa – 107 North Church Street
Mitch’s Market Street Gym – 322 West Market Street
Optimal Massage – 121 East Gay Street
The Prana House – 109 North Church Street
Premier Personal Training – 142 East Gay Street
Steele House Nutrition and Training – 237 East Gay Street
The Wellness Suite – 117 East Gay Street
Elevate Body Mind Yoga – 25 North Walnut Street
Proudly sponsored by the West Chester Business Improvement District (BID).
The West Chester Business Improvement District was established in 2000 to foster business growth in the downtown, advocate for small business owners, and ensure that downtown West Chester is a thriving place to own a business.