Sign Up for Love Local Weekly
Discover inventive small business owners, makers, and innovators who are masters in their fields and will help you create the home of your dreams and engage with your community.
Suggest an Event
The online Fig calendar is a curated list of community and advertiser events happening in West Chester.
July 22, 2020
Jean Gross’ List of Ways to Support Small Businesses
Local small business have been hit hard these past few months. As a 40-year resident of West Chester, Realtor Jean Gross knows the monumental value they bring to the community. Here are just a few ways she likes to offer her support—and you can too!
1. Order takeout or curbside pickup. Jean and her husband love to order takeout multiple times a week—their favorite is dinner from Pietro’s Prime! The staff there have made it so easy to call in your order, and pick up curbside.
2. Spread smiles with some sweets. If you know a friend that could use a smile, pick up some lemon tarts from La Baguette Magique or some chocolates from Eclat Chocolate and deliver to their doorstep.
3. Don’t forget about the tip! Whenever possible, add a tip to your order. It goes a long way in keeping the staff of your favorite places taken care of when times are tough for them.
4. Shop online! If you have a favorite downtown West Chester retailer, check to see if they offer online shopping. Have your items shipped to you, or take a stroll downtown to pick them up curbside. Shop owners want you to feel as safe as possible!
5. Enjoy the outdoor Growers Market every Saturday this Summer and Fall. Located at the corner of North Church and West Chestnut Streets, you can support local farmers by purchasing their produce. Enjoy fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, and much more. Jean loves bringing home fresh tomatoes and sunflowers.
6. Local non-profits can use our help. So many organizations are in need of resources and dollars as they attend to the increasing needs of those who find themselves unemployed, hungry, homeless, or ill. The Chester County Community Foundation can connect you with the places that need you most. Visit chescocf.org to learn more.
A solution for every challenge, Jean Gross knows the “sticks & stones” of Real Estate…
She is a vibrant, distinctive staple in the West Chester Community as well as all of Chester County. Jean has excelled in her 30+ years in Real Estate. Whether buying or selling a home, the process is an ‘emotional roller coaster’ and if you choose to take that ride with Jean & her team, they will be there for you every ‘bump’ of the way. For more information visit www.jeangross.com.